search

Miners Statue

MinersStatueLocation:
Brock's Court, Conadilly Street
Gunnedah NSW 2380

Background:
Coal has been mined in the Gunnedah Coal Basin for over 130 years, first for local use then later for export. Some mines closed during the economic downturn of the 1980s, but several mines still operate in the Shire of Gunnedah, and there is a Coal Handling Plant and Rail Loader in Gunnedah. Vast reserves of high‐quality coal remain in the Gunnedah Basin and this agricultural centre has exploited the industry's interest in mining coal, as well as coal‐seam gas.

Statue:
The Miners Statue was erected in memory of those fallen in the coal mines and to remind the town of several lengthy strikes in underground mines in the area. It is located in Brock's Court in Wolseley Park on Conadilly Street, across from the Town Hall in Gunnedah.

 

GET IN TOUCH

Opening Hours
Mon to Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat and Sun: 10am - 3pm


Address
83 Chandos Street, Gunnedah, NSW 2380


Phone:
02 6740 2230 | 1800 KOALAS

Email: tourism@infogunnedah.com.au

 

 

 

GSC Koala Web Logo